Select a question to begin:
- How do I start selling items?
- How much money can I make?
- What rights am I giving to purchasers?
- What links can I place in my items?
- What are the benefits of becoming exclusive?
- How do I become exclusive?
- What sorts of content can I upload?
- I am having trouble uploading a file.
- How long does it take for a file to be approved?
- My file was rejected and I don't agree with the reasoning.
- Some of the information on my file was changed during the approval process.
- How do I remove files and what happens when I do?
- Why was my Item rejected?
- Can I use PHP scripts in my Item?
- How do I make a full screen preview?
To sell items on FlashDo you must first have a user account. You can sign up for an account here.
Once your account is active you must upgrade your account to a FlashDo Author.
You should also consult our legal documentation so that you fully understand your rights and obligations as a FlashDo Author.
The sky's the limit! Every time a file that you have uploaded is purchased, a percentage of the sale is deposited into your cash account. The percentage you receive from sales is disclosed on our rates page. If you choose to become an exclusive FlashDo Author your percentage will increase accordingly.
If you sell files on FlashDo, purchasers of your content are given the right to use your content in their projects without paying any further fees or charges after the initial download cost. They may freely use your content in whatever way they choose with the exception that they cannot use your content for direct resale.
If you do not want to or cannot grant these rights, they cannot be sold on FlashDo. Please do not upload them.
You should consult the FlashDo Legal Agreements for FULL details about the license you are granting.
In items, only links to the marketplace domains are permitted. For example linking to your portfolio in FlashDo is permitted, but linking to any other external website, even if it is your own, is not permitted.
An exception to this is if the link is necessary to the understanding or use of the Item. For example an Item that allows the buyer to control local weather patterns via special weather control API might need a link to the API source website.
Become an exclusive FlashDo Author means you agree that any files you sell through FlashDo will NOT be sold elsewhere - on competing sites or on your personal site. You may continue to sell these items in person or use them in other ways however you may NOT sell them in a venue that harms sales on FlashDo.
Once you become an exclusive FlashDo Author on FlashDo the percentage of each sale that you receive increases substantially. You can find exact details here.
You must qualify to become an exclusive FlashDo Author. To do this you must enroll in exclusive author program from your account Edit tab.
Once you qualify you can submit an application to become exclusive through your Account page. Applications will be screened before your new benefits are granted.
You can upload just about any type of content that you are the sole author of and for which you can grant the necessary rights to purchasers for. You CANNOT upload content that is derived from or makes use of other copyrighted content in anything other than minor amounts.
You may upload content that includes code, photographs, videos, sound effects or other assets not directly produced by you IF AND ONLY IF you have an appropriate license to do so. For example if a code library is provided with an open source license allowing its use in items for resale, then you are free to include it in your work. It is your responsibility to investigate the license for any files/items you include in your file.
Where video files depicting a human face are uploaded you will need a signed and scanned model release for all persons appearing in the video. Video files CANNOT be deemed offensive in any way.
You can learn more about copyright issues and our policy on them on our Copyright Page.
If you are having difficulties, please contact support and provide details of the size and type of file you are uploading as well as any error messages you receive.
FlashDo strives to maintain a fast approval process for its authors. Usually a file will be approved within two days, but occasionally an influx of files will mean that the approval process will be slightly longer.
You can see where your file is in the approval queue by visiting your Account Dashboard.
If you feel that your file was unfairly rejected, please contact support and state your reasons clearly and succinctly. We will happily reexamine a file however, approval is at the discretion of the approval team.
During approval files are screened and matched to the information provided in the upload process. If this information does not match, we may correct errors and approve the file rather than reject it outright. This is done at the discretion of the administration staff, do not rely on this occurring!
If you wish to remove your own file you can do this through your Portfolio page.
Once you have opted to remove the file, it won't be removed from FlashDo library. You can sell it again if you want.
We strive to have the greatest quality files available on our marketplace. Our staff will review the quality of a file during the approval process. Quality standards are at the discretion of our staff, but here are some general guidelines to consider:
- The Item must be useful to buyers
- The Item must not include any potentially offensive content (Eg. violent or sexual content, or offensive content)
- The Item must not be compressed to the point where aesthetic quality suffers
- The Item must not include your logo, URL, or watermark (You may include information about your services in an attached help text file)
- The Item must be well constructed
- The Item must be as compatible as possible
- The Item must be easy to customize
If for some reason an Item does not meet one or more of these requirements, the reviewer will outline the reason the Item has not been approved and in most cases will invite the author to resubmit once improvements have been made.
Other Reasons An Item Might Not Be Approved
Occasionally an Item will be rejected for other reasons. Some of these reasons might be:
- If a series of very similar Items are already in the library
- If the Item is corrupted or we suspect it carries a virus
- If the Item is difficult to use or implement
We do not allow PHP to run on the FlashDo server due to security and performance. For demo/preview purposes Authors can either:
- give a mock example output, or
- upload working PHP applications to their own server. For script to talk from FlashDo to the PHP application on another domain the Author must add a file called 'crossdomain.xml' with access permissions for flashdo.com. Note: This will add an external dependency to the Item, so the Author would be responsible for downtime and there is the possibility of FlashDo causing a high amount of bandwidth to be consumed
We do not check PHP code. If the Item contains any code, we assume that the Author has checked it for quality purposes.
Authors should specify minimum PHP version (i.e. 4 or 5) as there are some significant differences that need to be specified to prevent problems. Author can specify this in the description text box.
Some files need to look best with a full screen preview. In this case the Item preview zip file should contain a HTML file called "index.html".